2014/2015 Ice Rink Information
The Downtown Sacramento Ice Rink has a long history on The Kay. The rink was first established in 1991 by the City of Sacramento. The Downtown Sacramento Partnership assumed operation and management of the rink soon after with the goal of creating a signature holiday experience for the region. Downtown has been a holiday destination ever since. We can’t wait for you to join us out on the ice this season!
Regular Hours: November 7 – January 19
- Monday-Thursday: 2 pm – 8 pm
- Friday –Saturday: 10 am – 10 pm
- Sunday: 10 am – 8 pm
- Closing Day – Monday, January 19: 10 am – 8 pm
Sessions start when the rink opens and every 2 hours thereafter. (For example, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm.) Basically, if it is an even hour, a session is starting! Skating sessions are 1 hour and 45 minutes. This may not sound like much, but its a long time on the ice, trust us! When the session ends staff will clear the ice for 15 minutes while the Zamboni makes a sweep before the next session starts.
What happens if I arrive after a session already started?
- Veterans Day Holiday Nov. 11 | 10am – 8pm
- Thanksgiving Week | 10am – 10pm
- Thanksgiving Day | 10am – 6pm
- Christmas Break | Dec. 15 – Jan. 2 | 10am – 10pm
- Christmas Eve | 10am – 6pm
- Christmas Day | Closed
- New Year’s Eve | 10am – 6pm
- New Year’s Day | 10am – 10pm
Skate Rental: $2
Lockers, Gloves & Socks: $2
Children under 4: FREE admission and $2 Skate Rental
Parking is available on the street as well as at the neighboring parking garages. We will validate parking for the Downtown Plaza parking garages. The closest garage is located at the Downtown Plaza East Garage by 24 hour Fitness at 7th and K or the Downtown Plaza West Garage on L Street between 3rd and 4th.
The Sacramento Downtown Plaza Ice Rink is the perfect venue for your event this holiday season. Special rates are available for birthdays, school field trips, corporate events and private parties with advance reservation.
For group reservations, please fill out our group reservation application or for more information call 916-442-8575.
Weekly Theme Nights:
Mondays: From 4:00 – Closing
Industry Night: Employees of Downtown Bars or Restaurants will receive a complimentary skate rental simply by mentioning where they work.
Tuesdays: From 4:00 – Closing
Date Night: Guests show a receipt from a downtown restaurant to receive a complimentary skate rental
Wednesdays: From 4:00 – Closing
Family Skate Night: With every adult admission, one child under 12 gets in for free.
Thursdays: From 6:00 – Closing
Dress up and receive a complimentary skate rental.
DJ Theme Nights with 100.5
-November 13: Hawaiian Luau
-November 20: KNCI Night
-November 27: No theme Night
-December 4: Pajama Day/Polar Express Day
-December 11: Disney Night
-December 18: Ugly Sweater Night
-January 1: Neon Night
-January 8: 80s Night
-January 15: Favorite Sports team
Fridays: From 4:00 – Closing
My58 Fridays: 50% off skate rental
Calendar of Events
- Friday, November 7th | Free Admission Day
- Tuesday, November 11th Veteran’s Day | Free admission and skate rental with Military ID
- Wednesday, November 12th | Outward Night/Drag Queens on Ice from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Saturday, December 6 | Canned Food and Toy Drive | Free skate rental with a canned food or toy donation from 10:00 am -2:00 pm
- Friday, December 12 | Concert with the Yule Logs from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
The Downtown Sacramento Ice Rink is produced by the Downtown Sacramento Partnership. For event details, call 442-8575.
Thank you to our Sponsors:
Fees : Admission $8 Skate Rental $2