Careers at DSP
Our mission drives us: Make Downtown Sacramento a better place to live, work and play.
Downtown drives for our regional economy and is source of civic pride. We consistently strive to move Sacramento forward through effective public-private collaboration and serve as the collective voice for downtown property owners.
We believe that cities are built for people – downtown’s residents, visitors, and workforce. So, our work is driven by our people – the DSP team.
If you would to play a part in shaping our community’s future, the following job opportunities are available through the Downtown Sacramento Partnership.
Promotions and Events Assistant
Position: Promotions and Events Assistant
Reports To: OSBA Executive Director
Functions: This position is responsible for supporting the Old Sacramento Business Association. The individual must be experienced in communications, event planning and customer service; familiarity with online communication software required, including email marketing, social media, and website updates (wordpress preferred). This position is slated for 20 hours a week with occasional evenings and weekends. Although the candidate will be working for the Executive Director of the OSBA, the Downtown Sacramento Partnership will employ the individual.
Duties Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Update and maintain database of retail and non-retail businesses and merchant directory and website.
- Update events on oldsacramento.com website.
- Assist in maintaining social media content including reposting and promoting stakeholder posts on Facebook, Twitter or other social media resources.
- Produce monthly stakeholder newsletter and monthly newsletter for the general public.
- Assist in conducting stakeholder and public surveys.
- Assist in special events with the tracking of expenses and income, onsite logistics and merchant communication.
- Miscellaneous office support, including data entry and filing.
Please submit your professional resume, cover letter and a business-writing sample no later than Monday, March 30 to Executive Director Chris McSwain at email@example.com
The DSP will not be accepting any applications from outside agencies. Please no phone calls, and all resumes should go through email only.
Concerts in the Park Staff (Part-Time/Seasonal)
Concerts in the Park (CIP) is a Friday night concert series that will occur May 1 through July 24. CIP staff is responsible for the set up, execution, and tear down of the event. Team members will provide exceptional customer service, willingly work as a team throughout the twelve-week concert series, and effectively improve the workflow of Concerts in the Park.
- BEER GARDEN SERVER/POURER (3PM -10PM) Must be 21+
- Take customer orders, receive tokens and serve beer, wine, soda or water under supervision of Beer Garden Supervisor. Stand at tap and continually pour beer from keg into cups, uncork wine bottles and pour into cups. Abide by all posted ABC and Downtown Sacramento Partnership rules.
- GATE CHECK (3PM-10PM)
- Work with on-site security and Sacramento Police Department to check bags at entrance gates to ensure no alcohol or weapons are brought into the park.
- CASHIER (3PM-10PM)
- Handle drink tickets purchases and revenue under supervision of the Cashier Manager and Event Coordinator.
- SET UP (10AM-3PM)
- Transport supplies and equipment from various storage units around the Park. Set up fencing, tables, canopies, serving areas and signage prior to opening of concerts.
- TEAR DOWN (8 PM-10:30PM)
- All Staff: Take down tables, canopies, serving areas and signage after concert. Return all supplies to appropriate storage units.
Knowledge/Skills required by the Job:
- Good verbal and communication skills
- Customer service experience
- Cash handling
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to remain on your feet during the entire shift
- Able to lift 40 pounds
- Strong work ethic
- Proactively completes tasks and problem solves
Work Environment: CIP Staff will spend the majority of their shift outdoors.
Hours: Seasonal (up to 12 hours/day) and must be available every Friday from May 1 through July 24.